Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 7 E-Mail

So it's been a pretty good week. I was kind of expecting in the next letter I got from you that it would say that Annie was gone. She went downhill pretty fast. And dad told me about Linda Buxton. That's way sad. And Aunt Rosie's husband. Dang, I guess that's why we have the Plan of Salvation so we know we will get to see everybody again!! I was glad to hear that dad's little carne asada was good. I haven't had any in this area yet, and I am for sure missing it. I did get my package. Thank you very much! I could actually see when I was riding my bike last night with the lights. It was quite nice to know that I wasn't going to end up in the canal because we ride on a canal road every once in a while. I'm glad you got to meet Brian. He is an awesome guy. He is moving out of the ward pretty quick. The house he is renting is like 3 blocks out of the ward boundaries. Everyone is pretty mad about that. This ward has had a lot of solid people recently move out. Like a lot. The primary president said that over half of the active primary members have left over the summer. I will be looking forward to see whatever you sent home with him. I don't know when he will be back. He is starting an addiction recovery class tonight so I know he will be back by then. That was interesting what you were saying about the spanish people at work mom. Because it's so true. They just feel awkward cause they can't communicate. They always get surprising looks on there faces when I start speaking spanish. It just makes some of them smile. I was really thinking about that in the spanish sacrament meeting on Sunday. It was so irreverent. I think that's a word. But the spirit was still so strong. They are the most loving and humble people. I love working with them, I just wish I could communicate with them a little better. On Sunday we had 4 investigators at the spanish branch. It is a really awesome family that we met last week. They were previously taught by missionaries but they live pretty far away so the missionaries just couldn't go out there anymore. So we had the guy that we live with take us out there to hopefully meet them. It was about a 45 minute drive but luckily they were home! They dad is not interested, but the Grandma, Mom, and two daughters are. They want to be baptized and everything. They have relatives around Boise who are very strong members. And they were also here on Sunday too and the Brother of the mom who is a member got up and shared his testimony and everything. So it was really cool. We have a lesson with them tonight with the Stake Patriarch because he speaks spanish too. So it will be awesome. That is the Cardena family. So please pray for them! Also we had a lady flag us down the other day. Her mom is a member in Mexico and she is searching for the right path right now. Her name is Alondra. So pray for her too. We talked to her for like 5 or 10 minutes. Told her where church was and when it started, and she showed up! We can't teach her though because her husband won't allow it right now. He was trying to hold her back from going to church because the catholic tradition is strong in his family. But she still came and we are going to keep working with her and hopefully see a desire in her husband to learn more. We had an awesome lesson with Ryan again this past week. He just kept asking question after question. We had our ward mission leader with us who has only been baptized for a couple of years. He basically answered all of the questions. Ryan is out of town until like the 13th though. So we don't have a lesson with him this week. Keep praying for him and his wife that she will begin to listen! We also had an amazing lesson with Jessica and her boyfriend Jordan. And Jordan invited is in-active mom to come over also. She now has a baptismal date of October 9th. But she also left town until about the 13th! She doesn't know that she either has to get married or move out before she can be baptized. We were planning on teaching that this week but she left town. So neither of them could make it to church because they were gone. So pray that she will accept the law of chastity! That's about it for this past week. Can you believe I'm going to be 20 years old in less than a week? It's crazy. I was also glad to hear that you got rid of one car. Mom might be in trouble as soon as the snow hits the ground though. That was not an easy car to drive in the snow. I love you all so much and am so grateful for you support and examples. I have been thinking about Joseph Smith a little bit lately. I know he is a prophet of God and that he did restore this church for us today. I know that he also restored the priesthood authority to perform those sacred ordinances that we need to return to live with our Heavenly Father and our families for all eternity. I am so grateful to be a part of this gospel and to partake of the many blessings that it brings to my life. I love it. Have a good week. Love you all!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment