Tuesday, September 14, 2010

September 13, 2010 E-Mail

Ok mom, calm down.  My e-mail is coming!  We went bowling today with a lot of our zone so that is why I am e-mailing later.  It's been a pretty good week and I had a really good birthday.  I figured I might be getting my favorite meal.  Brother Anantatmula was very persistent on us coming to his house for dinner.  So I figured you had planned something out.  It was really good.  He also made the primary sing to me.  So it was a good birthday.  I appreciate everything you sent me.  Thank you very much.  You guys are getting old!!!  You don't even have any teenagers now.  Wow!!!  So last Tuesday we went out to an appointment with the Stake Patriarch.  Well it turns out he is a physical therapist.  Well after he did an exam on me and thinks he knows what is wrong with my back.  So Saturday I went back to his house and he took some impression type things of my feet and is making some of those orthotic things.  I think that's what they're called.  But he said it should really help.  While we were there he was watching the BYU game.  It was pretty funny cause his wife told him to shut it off but he wouldn't.  So I was glad that I don't care enough about football for it to be a temptation to watch.  I was thinking Kristin and Justin probably went and it sounds like they did so that's cool.  So I should get the things he is making in a couple of weeks.  I completely killed a pair of my pants this week.  They got caught in the bike chain.  But a lady in the ward took them and now they look as good as new!  In dad's letter he wrote he was talking about Tokyo, Japan.  Well the way he was talking about it sounded like he had talked to me about it before.  But I don't remember anything about that so I had no idea what he was talking about.  Is he going there or what?  That would be cool.  It was good to hear he sold a very large job too.  I slightly remember that Brother Oliver guy.  It was interesting to read through those letters he sent.  I was also very glad to get the package that you sent home with Brother Anantatmula.  I was very glad to have some Mountain Dew.  Also I loved the tie you sent me, and the cake/brownie thing.  That was way good.  Mom I was about ready to kill someone when I got my free Tucano's meal card and knew that I couldn't go!!  I do miss that place very much.  The mission president's wife is going to do some research on thyroid stuff I guess and she's going to talk to the mission doctor then she might have me go get it checked out.  I'm not sure yet really what's going on.  I just talked to her last night because she called and wished me happy birthday.  As far as teaching went this last week it was a little tough.  Because two of our good investigators our out of town.  But they should be back now so we are looking forward to this week.  Last week we did meet a guy named Jesus.  We taught him on Saturday then invited him to be baptized on October 9th.  He agreed and said he would be at church after work.  Well the way the spanish branch works is we can't go unless we have investigators.  Because there are like 9 missionaries that do work for the branch.  So we go and if we have investigators we stay.  If not we leave right after the sacrament.  So yesterday we were just getting ready to take off.  They were almost done with the water.  Well then Jesus snuck in the back so we got to stay.  He said he enjoyed it and he felt the spirit.  After he could barely even get out because of everyone talking to him.  So we are really excited about him right now too.  We have another appointment with him tomorrow.  He's a really good humble guy.  He is probably in his 50's.  He has children in Mexico and his wife passed away a while back.  He just seems lonely and needs the gospel in his life.  Other than that about all we did last week was tracted.  This area hasn't been tracted for a very long time.  We have almost knocked all of the doors in it over the last 5 weeks.  So pretty soon it will be time to start it all over.  I know this is the only true church.  Through doing that which God wants us to do we can return to live with him and each other for eternity in the celestial kingdom.   I'm so grateful to have that in my life.  I'm so grateful for all of you and your support.  Have a good week.  I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment