Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

So I guess american's celebrate cinco de mayo more than mexicans. Kinda random huh. Yes mom, I am taking pictures. Not a whole ton, but I am taking some. And I have written in my journal everyday so far. I will send my memory card home in about a week. We didn't get our flight plans yet, I guess we will get them tomorrow. I can't wait... It's so crazy. Happy Birthday yesterday mom!!!!! And thanks for the package this week. It had everything I needed in it. Gina sent me a package yesterday. She's keeping me alive with Mountain Dew. I always get crap for it but I don't care. And yes, tell her I do like jerky. And tell her thank you so much for the package. That's awesome Brady is doing his papers. It will be cool to find out where he is going. This week we went to the rc again. I totally got shut down. I wasn't gonna make any calls cause I have a goal to get through Alma and Mathew before I leave here, so I was just going to read. My companion told me to make two calls. So I did.... Both answered. That never happens. Both of them shut me down. But it's all good, one of the caller back ringtones was some rap. It was weird to hear music. I think it was Snoop Dogg!! It was crazy. Then we went to the TRC on Saturday night. The lady we taught spoke only Spanish. I think she was like 125 years old too. Well anyways, her spanish was all slurred together. It was crazy. We understood like 5 words she said. It was really discouraging but good. It was really humbling. We went in there with pretty big heads thinking our spanish was pretty good....... SHUT DOWN!! But it's ok. I'm over it. My companion and I are working the hardest at the language than anyone in our district. And we know we are in for it in about a week and a half. So I am worried about everyone else. I think you should start missionary mom's pretty quick. I was thinking Cody's family probably moved so they might not have internet up. I have heard from him once so that's good. I met a sister, Sister Dredge. She went to Fremont and graduated in 2007. So she knows Kevin and Mikey and all of those guys. My retarded toe is looking pretty terrible. It doesn't hurt, but it's looking bad. I have been painting it. I think I will have to have the nail completely removed in a couple of months. My Mission Pres here said just to roll with it until it starts to hurt, and that was my plan anyways. People get sick here and immediately go to the doctor. It's so weird. Like they will cough and go to the doctor.  I guess I just don't really go to the doctor unless I can't walk or breath. My companion is the same way. We get 12 new elders today in our zone. It's gonna be kinda crazy. Luckily I'm almost out of here. A member of our Branch Presidency here said that me and my companion are two of the best missionaries he has seen come through here in the past year. We could tell her really meant it too. Some things I could use this week, probably a calling card for the airport, I dunno how that works. Then a copy of my mission map. Also try to find out if I will be getting a new mission president. Someone said I will be. But I don't think so. This dictionary is good. Underwear is good. I just don't like wearing garments to gym. The other night we had a thing in our district where we all went around and shared things we liked about everyone. Well this sister, Sister Miller talked about me. She is so cool. She's the one from Hawaii. You and dad need to look her up cause she is serving in Salt Lake and go meet her. But she said some stuff. She explained how she knows I know what I'm doing and how I'm more mature. But then she went in to talk about stuff after my mission. How she knows I have so much potential after my mission to and how I'm a good leader and stuff. It was nuts because a couple of things she said were like right from my patriarchal blessing. It was seriously like she had read it. She also talked about my ability to touch lives of anyone. Doesn't matter who. That meant a ton because lots of people have said that. So it was way good to hear that stuff. Then it was my companions turn to talk about me. He said it made him happy to hear people say good things about me. That was cool too. The two of us together work really good. I keep him working, he keeps me having fun. It sounds like all my friends are doing good. I haven't heard about Brody or Weston for a while. Jared sounds like he is having the time of his life. I just can't wait to get out and have those experiences in the field. I feel like I'm ready. I can't wait to get my flight plans tomorrow. Time is starting to move right on by. It's crazy. Almost 2 months already. Kent sent me a Dear Elder, I'm very jealous of his steak dinner he was going to have that night. It's so good to hear from everyone. I think I'm up about 17 pounds now. When I left I think I was really low though. I think I'm about averaged out. And yes, this sounds funny but some of it is muscle. I have been working out a lot. That's about it for this week though. I love you all and am so grateful for you. You are all in my prayers. I know the book of mormon is true. I love it so much. I have never ready it like this. The stories are so cool and I know they're true. When reading them, I picture them. It helps so much and it's so cool. I know Joseph Smith saw god and Jesus Christ. It all makes sense from a logical point of view, and a spiritual point of view. It's so cool. I'm so glad I have the oppurtunity to take 2 years and devote them to only serving the lord. I can't wait to get out there and do work!!! i love elder nelson !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha, alright whatever. My companion just wrote that. But yeah, thanks for everything you do for me!!!! Keeping sending the letters! I love them. Have a good week everyone and a good Mother's day too!!! I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment