Thursday, April 22, 2010

E-mail April 21, 2010

Finally a picture!  Thanks to Weston's mom for sending this one.  I think this was a couple of weeks ago.

Hey there!! Things are going great this week. Other than I just went to do my wash and my stupid washer wasn't working because the lid wasn't pushed down quite all the way!! Oh well. I'm sorry about your stomach mom. You should talk to Shereesa, I know she goes to an allergy doctor. I was sad to hear about Devin and Andrea too. That's just to bad. I got Willis's cookies. They were good. Tell them thanks for me please. That's so nuts that it's finals week. And it's even more nuts that Tyler is graduation with such a good degree! Felicitaciones!! I think I'm getting all the Dear Elder's but I'm not to sure. I get quite a few. The language is coming. Slowly but it's coming. I just need to start speaking it more. SYL, speak your language. Or HSI, hablo su idioma. This week is the first week that we teach in spanish. My companion and I teach really well together, and we have already taught a couple of times in spanish. It comes slow but it is coming. Jace's mission call is so cool. That would be a way good place to go. I hope Lynn is doing alright. He is definately in my prayers. It sounds like he is doing better though. I had a cool experience the other day. My companion and I went to the RC again. We started calling and didn't get anything. Well we had gym in about 10 minutes and I had to go to the bathroom really bad so I said I'm making one more call, he said I'll make 3. Well someone answered for him. He talked to the lady for like 20 minutes then I decided well shoot, I better just start calling. So I made like three calls and got nothing. But I felt to make one more call. This lady answered and I talked to her for like 30 minutes. I basically just went through parts of the first lesson with her. In the end I asked if she had any questions. She said will you do me a favor, and I said sure. I was scared she was gonna say never call back. All she said was, I have a nursing test tomorrow, will you pray for me. So maybe I was prompted to make that call just to help some lady out. So that was the end of my conversation, but my companion right next to me was still on the phone. He talked for almost an hour. It was way cool. Sunday I met an Elder at the temple, Elder Anglesey. I guess he lives a couple houses down from Sierra's family. I think anyone can send me e-mails, but I only like having a couple, becaue it takes my time. And I think I can e-mail anyone in my immediate family, not just you and dad. I just never have time. I'm glad you got the car in, I'm surprised the guy remembered me. I think I have only talked to him 2 or 3 times. He is a way nice guy though. He will always take care of you. I'm proud of you mom for noticing big trucks now. Like Kevin. I hope he is doing ok, I haven't heard from him yet. If you were in the red car he for sure noticed you, and most likely if you were in the blazer too. That's probably why he passed you, you just couldn't see him cause his tint. Tyler said besa me fuerte in his Dear Elder he sent me. The translation of that is, You kiss me strong. So I dunno if he meant that or what, but I sure was confused. I can't wait to hear more from my friends and their experiences. See if you can get Cody's e-mail's to me too. It's just nuts that we are all spread out all over. Our zone is doing really good so it's easy to be zone leaders. We have a couple of missionaries who always screw around though, and they are both district leaders so they should be setting an example. It drives me nuts. But oh well. Sis, I loved your paper. I remember seeing that forever ago. That chinese candy stuff was actually way good. I loved all of it, thanks for all the packages. Justin, cheap headset, seat, and seatpost because I wanted to get the stupid thing done and out of here!! I hope you might be having some luck trying to sell it. It would be nice to have it gone. Those pictures from the Rockies game were sweet. I would like going to one when I get home. What mission do you guys live in? I've met a few people going to Denver south and other Colorado missions. Dad, I think this is what Julio is saying, I just translated it with no dictionary so we will see. "Thank you for the spiritual help you have given me in the last months. Your mission started way before you left for the MTC. YOu know what I'm reffering to. A big hug. Julio" That might not be exactly right but it's close. It will be way cool to be able to talk to him when I get back. It's crazy to think that I will see Nick in 3 weeks!! Then like 5 days later I'll be gone. I'm excited. I definately got the best of both worlds. I get the language, and I'm in states. A lot of missionaries worry about visa's and stuff, they're hard to get for Mexico right now. But I don't have to worry about any of that. Nick shouldn't worry, I think the Argentina ones aren't bad at all to get right now from what I've heard. I'm doing really good now, I'm getting used to the sleeping and eating schedules. And I don't think I'll gain any more weight. You'll laugh when you read this, but a lot of it is muscle. I've been working out pretty hard everyday. Last night we had a speaker, Brother Pearson from the 70 I think. It was way good. It was all about faith, obedience, and prayer. At least that's what I got out of it. With faith we can do anything. I learned how I am not just an "average" man. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ therefore, I need to hold myself to a higher standard. Then after I was walking out and ran into him and got to meet him and shake his hand. He said my mission is a huge growing mission. He was the Tacoma Washington mission president for awhile. Then my branch President pulled up, this is for dad, he was in an infinity. It was sweet, it's all wheel drive and everything and has all wheel drive. Anyways, it was a way cool color. Like a creamish color, but light green too. It would be good for the chevelle. They keep telling us not to focus on things outside of the MTC. Ha, I struggle with that at times but oh well. I'm still growing so much. I know that Jesus Christ atoned for my sins. I'm so grateful for that and for repentance so that we can return to live with him some day, and with our families for eternity. I know god loves every single one of us and he knows us personally and we are his children. I love Joseph Smith and everyone that went through the struggles that they did back then just so we could have this church today. I know Thomas S. Monson leads and guides us today. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. Why? Well it's simple. Because there is no way that it couldn't be true. And I love it and love reading from it. It has helped me so much over the last 5 weeks. I know what I'm doing is right and I'm so glad I made this decision. I love all of you so much and all of your support. I would not be where I am today without any of you. Time will fly by.


Love Elder Schvaneveldt

P.S. That cheese was way good. No requests for this week. Thanks for all you have been sending me. One day I will write a whole letter in spanish, it will just take some time. I love you so much! Thanks for being the best mom that anyone could ever have. I can't explain my love to you. I miss you, but will see you in no time!! Tell grandma and grandpa hi and that I love them so much and think about them everyday. I love when I get to brag about them. They are the best and I don't know who I would be without them that's for sure!! Love you!!!

1 comment:

  1. That picture was actually taken on Kade's first day in the MTC. It was St. Patricks day and all his friends had the same tie on. It is the tie that their friend (Kaylie, I think) gave them all. I think Kade is the only one from that picture still there.

    ReplyDelete