Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 23, 2012 E-Mail

Well it sounds like it was a long stressful week for everyone. I'm glad that Grandpa's graveside service went well. Was he buried in North Ogden? It makes me sad to know that he is gone, but happier to know that he's not suffering and that he's with those loved ones that passed before him. I'm sure he's happy as well. It was a pretty slow week for us as far as teaching and finding go. The weather hasn't been the greatest and that always slows things down. It's been snowing and doing ice rain. Luckily we have a car and are not on bikes. Our investigator Ashley is still doing very well and looking forward to the 4th to be baptized. Her husband also found out that he will be able to baptize her. They're accepting all of the commandments with no problem and living all of them. We taught them the word of wisdom a couple of weeks ago and she hasn't smoked since. We also taught them about tithing and as soon as we mentioned it they told us that is what they had talked about while they were eating dinner, and yes, that they were willing to pay it. And that's about the most exciting thing of the week. We got to shovel some snow for people which I always like doing because I really miss the physical part about work. The emotional part seems to be harder on my body than the physical part. Before I forget, a couple of weeks ago I was at a stake meeting in Ephrata because that is a stake in our zone as well. I met a guy in the stake presidency, his name is President Yates and he is from Quincy. Anyways, he said that he knew Grandpa Schvaneveldt quite well. I guess His dad worked with him or something. I didn't quite catch the whole story of how they know each other. But I'm sure that Grandpa Schvaneveldt will remember him. I've decided that if I ever was a bum or homeless that I would easily be able to survive. Yesterday we went and decided to knock some doors after our dinner appointment and before our next appointment. Well the third door we knocked on some lady came out and told us that they were having a dinner party and invited us back another time. As we were walking off we heard the door open again and she hollered for us to come back. So we did and they invited us in for dinner. I'm not sure that has every happened to me before with an american person. None of them were members or anything. But they were just nice people. And a few of them were a little intoxicated. They may or may not have had something to do with it. But that let me know that if I was every a bum I would just go door to door and get some good home cooked meals. Well that was pretty much our week. Things are a little slow but still going well. I love this gospel and I'm so grateful for it in my life. I'm so grateful for the plan of salvation and the knowledge that we have that we will see our loved ones again. I love Grandpa so much but I know he is happier and that we will get to see him again. Have great week!

Love Elder Schvaneveldt

No comments:

Post a Comment