Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 16, 2012 E-Mail

It's been a pretty good week but things have just flown by. We had a lot of meetings and trainings again this week so we really weren't able to work in our own area a whole lot. But things are going great. Seth and Ashley that I talked about last week are doing really well. They came to church yesterday and really enjoyed it. They even announced her baptism. They never do that the first week that they come to church. We were able to teach them a few times this week and one of the times was about the word of wisdom. They both have a little problem but quit right then and there. It was really neat to see that. There is no doubt in my mind that I was transferred to this area partially just for them. It's nothing that I did, but it's just the way that God works.
As you can imagine, Grandpa has been on my mind quite a bit. It was neat because I got to teach the plan of salvation last night to Seth and Ashley. While teaching them I just felt the spirit telling me that the things I was sharing were true. As I related how I had never really worried about the plan of salvation in my own life because I've never been around birth really or death. Being the baby of the family and Tydan not being born until after I was gone. Well I told them how the plan of salvation had been on my mind more than ever over the past week. As I testified of it, I was very comforted in knowing that God does what He does for a reason. Sometimes we don't know why. I was also able to be with the Mission President a lot this past week because of different meetings that we had and he gave me a blessing of comfort and I know that helped.
On top of all this, on Saturday we went to Spokane and listened to Elder Holland of the twelve and Elder Bussey of the seventy. That was a wonderful experience and we even got to shake their hands. They talked about many things such as remaining active in the church after the mission, revelation, and the book of mormon. But really what I learned is that we just need to go on with faith regardless of what stumbling blocks fall in the way. We don't have the answers to everything, but that's where faith comes in. If we had answers to everything then there would be no point in being here. It's all part of our progression. At the end Elder Holland left us with a blessing. He talked about how regardless of what is going on at home, God would take care of it. And that's really what caught my attention. That's sort of my week in a nutshell.
I know that these things are true. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father. He has a purpose for all of us. As we continue on with faith and follow the gospel of Jesus Christ, we will be able to return to live with Him and with our loved ones forever. I hope you all have a great week!

Love Elder Schvaneveldt

No comments:

Post a Comment