Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October 10, 2011 E-Mail

So my new companion and I get along great. His name is Elder Kurtz from Prescott Arizona. But it seems like we haven't got a whole lot of work done this week because of our different meetings and transfers and things. On Thursday we had to go to Spokane for our zone leader council. That always takes up about a whole day. We are up at about 3:45 and get back to Wenatchee at about 7:00. But we learned a lot on how to improve the things in our zones.
The mormon.org campaign has been really cool. They started showing the commercials and things on October 3rd and we had quite a few people tell us they saw them. Members and non-members. One lady was not interested in listening to us at all. But after seeing a commercial she at least promised that she would check out the website. So if you haven't made profiles yet, do it! It doesn't take very much time at all. I made one, but I'm not sure if it's up yet or not. Tons of people are making them so it takes awhile for them to get approved.
Our investigator Chris accepted a date to be baptized for November 12th. He's the one who has a girlfriend who is a member. We got there and he told us how he wanted to wait like a year to get baptized. So my companion and I taught him a lot about how that is not something you want to wait for. By the time we were done he said yeah, I think I'll wait. I was pretty frustrated. We had a team teacher with us who bore his testimony and then talked about receiving the priesthood and stuff. Then after, Chris was like oh yeah I agree I get what you're saying. Maybe I shouldn't wait. Then he set the goal of November 12th.
We are also working with a couple who the missionaries were working with in the past. They just have some problems with the word of wisdom that they don't want to give up. They are really nice good hearted people though. They came to watch a baptism this week. That was really cool. I know this is pretty short but things are going great. Sometimes things aren't quite as exciting as Jared who is a branch president, or Weston who has to deal with typhoons. But I love my mission. I know the church is true! I love the Book of Mormon and the Bible. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. Through him, we can live with God again. I love you all! Thanks for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment