Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 2, 2011 E-mail

Not a whole lot new happened this week. Annabel came to church yesterday and she is sincerely praying to know if she needs to be baptized. So we are pretty excited about what is happening with her. She is the nicest lady ever.  As far as Estel goes, we lost contact with her. I think she started working a lot. So we are going to continue trying to catch up with her. Hopefully we will be able to.


This week a member invited us over to eat, and in order to eat with members during the week there has to be a non member present. So we called her and told her that she had to invite someone who wasn't a member. Well that was very easier for her because here there are usually 3 or 4 families that live in one house. So she just got the roommate to come out. Well her roommates name is Lucy. She had met with missionaries a little bit in the past, like 6 years ago, and had even gone to church a couple of times. While we were eating dinner she started to ask the questions that the plan of salvation answers, for example, where do we go after this life. So we were able to answer her questions We went back to see her yesterday and taught her the whole plan of salvation and she seemed to love it. Her questions were all golden questions. The problem is, she is going to have a baby sometime within this week. So we left her with the pamphlets on the lessons to read and told her we would keep checking on her. I'm really excited about her and to see what happens. And the member she lives with is a great example to her and has a strong testimony.

We had another very good but dissapointing lesson this past week. It was with a guy named Benjamin. I can't remember if I told you about him or not. He is from Mexico and comes up all alone for half of the year to work. He lives in a very run down concrete shack type thing. Well we have taught him a few times and it went pretty well. Then we went back to see him on Saturday and he had read a bunch of the Book of Mormon and said he wants to be baptized he just needs a little more time. Then he told us that he got a new job and would be moving Sunday to Yakima. So he was progressing very well then moved yesterday. That's happened to me a few times. But I'm going to keep in contact with him and send the missionaries in that mission to go visit him and he will for sure be baptized in the future. So it's still very exciting because the seed is planted.

That's about it for the week. We are allowed to do skype on Mother's day. And we are allowed to talk 45 minutes maximum is what we were told. So we are trying to find a members home we can go to. I'm not really sure what time it will be at. Probably between 2:00 and 4:00 our time here. We are in church until 1:30 but I'm not sure what time our dinner appointment will feed us. So I will just have a member call you sometime between 2:00 and 4:00 to let you know. I hope that works. At least with skype I will get to see Tydan!

I'm so grateful for all that you do for me! I love you all! I'm grateful for this gospel and the many blessings I have received from it. I know that this is God's true church here on the earth today. I know that the plan of salvation is real. If we live the gospel then we will be able to be exalted and live with eachother forever! I'm so grateful for Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice. I know he died for all of us! I hope you all have a great week.

Love Elder Schvaneveldt

No comments:

Post a Comment