Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April 25, 2011 E-Mail

My new companions name is Elder Igleski. He is from Gilbert, Arizona. And he's a great missionary. He reminds me a lot of Sam. So we are having a lot of fun and getting a lot of work done. It's been a little tough this past week because I have been pretty sick with a sore throat and a cough. But there was no way I was sitting at home trying to recover on his first week in the field. So we went out and still got a lot done. I might have to take a long nap today but that's okay. I was getting pretty worried the other day because I almost lost my voice during like 3 lessons. Well they were all in Spanish and my companion doesn't speak any Spanish yet. So my Spanish has been forced to improve a little bit. So by the time those lessons were over I felt like I had been yelling. But we made it through the week and it all paid off.


Estel is still doing really well. She didn't make it to church yesterday because she had to go to Kennewick. She loved church last week and she has been reading from the book of Mormon.  We also picked up teaching Saul a little bit again. You probably remember me talking about him. Well he has another baptismal date for the 28th of May. Elder Igleski invited him last night to be baptized on that day and he accepted. We just need to get him to come to church. I know he will love it if he gets there. He just needs to get there. But he is doing a really good job at reading from the book of Mormon. He is reading it in English and is understanding pretty much everything. Which is crazy because his Spanish is better than his English.

We had the opportunity to give an investigator a blessing this past week. It was a really good experience. His name is Juan and he is a recovering alcoholic. We were able to explain what a blessing was then give him one. It was a strong spiritual experience. We taught them a lesson then gave him a blessing then said a closing prayer. Well right before we left he asked if he could say a prayer. It was probably one of the most humble prayers I have ever heard and all he said was God thank you for the blessing. It was great to feel the spirit that was there.

Yesterday we had a great Easter. We went to church and listened to some great talks about the Savior then we went to a big family dinner. They fed us ham and king salmon. It was an awesome dinner. It was just so strange to eat American food again! But it was really good. They took really good care of us. Then we went out and taught some lessons.

I forgot to tell you, last week after we e-mailed or ward mission leader took us out to lunch. Well we went to a Mexican place here called La Popular that has really good food. Well a lady we are teaching was working there so she gave us some menudo. So I can officially say I have eaten menudo. It wasn't to bad. It just felt like I was eating a rubber band. And it smelt like crap. But it wasn't to bad. It's definitely not something I would eat for pleasure. But I would do it if I had to.

This week my testimony was strengthened in how the gospel truly does bless us.  I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life and the blessings I personally have received from it. I know it can truly bless all those who are willing to listen. And that's why I'm here today. To share this great information with everyone. Because it truly does bring a peace and happiness into our lives! I love you all so much and am so grateful for your support. Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment