Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18, 2011 E-Mail

So you're probably waiting to hear about transfers so I will just start off with that.  I will be staying here in Mattawa which I'm really excited about.  I really do like it here and we are seeing great things happen.  We found an awesome investigator this past week who I will tell you more about in a minute.  But my companion Elder Clarke will be leaving.  He is going to Wenatchee so I'm a little jealous of him for that.  But I will be getting a brand new missionary from the MTC this transfer.  So I have to go to Spokane early tomorrow morning.  So as of right now I have no idea who my new companion is.  So I will have to let you know about that next week.
So now to tell you about that investigator we found.  Her name is Estel Garcia.  I tracted into her about three weeks ago when we were on exchanges and she was just the nicest lady.  Well she said she was getting ready to move and didn't have time but she told me to call her in a few weeks.  So that's usually just a blow off excuse that we hear quite a bit.  But the other night we were planning and I just had the strongest impression to call this lady.  So I wrote it down to call her the next day.  Then the next day I sort of put it off and we were just walking down the road and I felt the impression again to call her.  And where we are we usually don't have cell phone service so it's really sketchy making calls.  So I took out the phone and it said no service but I thought what the heck I would just dial the number.  So it went through perfectly clear and she was way excited to talk to us.  She told us to come right over.  So we went straight there.  She was the only one in the house so we just sat out on the front lawn.  So we taught her twice this past week.  She is catholic but doesn't really like the church because she feels like she can't participate in that church.  So yesterday she came to church for all three hours which rarely happens.  She even participated in the classes and she just loved it.  So she is doing really well and so far is loving the church.  The only problem is that she's not married to the guy she lives with because she met him here in the United States and he has a wife in Mexico that he is separated from but not divorced.  So he needs to get divorced then marry her.  But we are really excited about her.
This week was probably my week of eating different foods.  And my system has completely changed to where it can't handle american food but it can handle mexican food.  So we had pasoli the other day at a part we went to.  That's like pork and harmony in a broth.  Well it also has pigs feet in it.  So I got to eat some pigs feet.  They even still had some hair on them.  I didn't really enjoy it.  It just tasted like fat.  Then we were visiting a family the other day and they were talking about how they just ate raw eggs.  So they popped open an egg and put it in a cup then put some apple juice in it.  So that also was a little interesting.  I'm just glad I'm not Weston eating half developed chicks.
I had a humbling experience this week.  We were teaching a couple named Esteban and Rosa in there little trailer where they live.  I think I might have already talked about them a little bit I can't remember.  But anyways there trailer reminds me of Lynn's old trailer.  Rancho el rae or whatever it was called.  But so there trailer isn't much bigger than that trailer.  It's about 20 feet.  So it's very tight teaching them in there.  Well anyways, I was talking to them because my companion was out the door making some phone calls.  They told me how happy they were living where they were living with all they had.  They told me that they loved living middle class like they are right now.  It just really made me realize how blessed I am.  To see these people be extremely happy living middle class in this trailer that to me is a deer hunting trailer.  It just really hit me that I do have a lot and am so fortunate and blessed.  Often times I take the little things for granted.
I think I only have one more story for this week.  One of our investigators called us up and told us that he needed his help because his dog had something like Pulga's.  And pulga's our fleas.  So we went down there and his dog had a huge tick in it.  I mean this thing was HUGE!  And the guy was sort of nervous that the dog was going to die and it's pregnant.  So we got to burn this huge tick out of a german sheperd.  It was crazy.
So I think that's all of my crazy stories of the week.  It's been an awesome week.  Sometimes week 6 of the transfer is a tough one, but we really tore it up.  We just have been so exhausted lately that it's been crazy.  I truly know that this is the Lord's work.  As we share the true and everlasting gospel we are brought to so much joy.  I'm so grateful for this opportunity that I have to be here.  I love you all so much and thanks for all you do!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment