Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4, 2011 E-Mail

Sorry this e-mail is coming so late. It's been a very busy morning. They are building a new building here for the food bank and most the people that are volunteering are church members. So they called us to go down this morning. We just got done hanging all of the trusses. It feels so good to get out and work with my hands again.


It was funny because we went to pick our car up from the body shop this past week. I guess since working at a body shop I'm really picky. We got the car and went across the street to a gas station to get a drink and I got out and looked at it. I wasn't very satisfied that's for sure so I took it back and made them buff on it some more. I guess that's what buffing cars for close to 3 years did to me. But we have our car back and all is well.

The weather this past week has warmed up a lot. It's still really windy a lot, but it's gotten a lot warmer. And we don't have to wear suits anymore until next conference. Other than to church and other meetings we have. So this is probably my favorite time of the year because I don't enjoy wearing a suit all of the time.

Conference was really good. We didn't get to watch the Saturday morning session because we were out making some visits. Then the priesthood session we watched in spanish. Which was actually really good, to be honest it was the only session I didn't fall asleep in because I was focusing a lot more to understand everything. But I did enjoy conference and I look forward to getting the Liahona. That's cool that you guys were all able to go to a session. And That Grandpa went to the priesthood session with everyone. I realized that this was my third conference as a missionary. It was a little bit weird thinking about that. We actually had two investigators come to conference. It was the guy named Luis who's girlfriend burned all of his stuff and took the stuff she didn't burn. Well him and his wife Roselia came. That's the first time an investigator had attended church in a long time in this area. So we are seeing things pick up a little bit.

Last Tuesday we had zone conference and I met a Sister missionary named Sister Krambule I think. Well she's from Star Valley and played soccer with Sierra back in high school I think she said.

Nothing new happened this week. We have been teaching this kid named Saul. He is like a 17 year old kid who had a dream that the catholic church isn't true. Well we started to teach his whole family this week which was pretty cool. Then yesterday we went over to see the family and Saul wasn't even there but they still let us in. His mom was having kidney stones so we were able to give her a blessing. But it was pretty cool because they went from not listening at all to letting us give her a blessing all in one week. They really want to come to church but she wasn't able to move around very well yesterday so they didn't come. That was the good story of the week. I'm so grateful to have a living prophet. Someone who talks to God just like Moses or Noah. As we follow the counsel of the Prophet and the Apostles, we will be in good shape! I love you all! Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment