Thursday, March 3, 2011

February 28, 2011 E-Mail

This week sort of seemed like a blur. Time really is just flying by, and also because p-day was last Tuesday, this was a short week. Time just seems to all be slurred together now. It's pretty crazy. We did have a pretty good week and we were able to find a few new investigators which is big for us right now. We do a lot of tracting but don't see a bunch of success from it. One thing we have been trying to do more often is introduce the book of mormon at the door step. It really has made a huge difference. The other day we were tracting and I had given away all of my give away books of mormon. It was weird because the doors after that I just felt naked not having one in my hands to introduce it to people at the door. Another thing I realized the last couple days is that regardless of who we are or what we are going through, the gospel of Jesus Christ is where we can always find peace and happiness. I'm not really sure what made me think of that. We can search everything for peace and happiness or answers to lifes questions, but where we truly will find it all is in the gospel. I think often times people are in-active and they are scared to go back because of what people might say or think about them. But really everyone is just so grateful to see people come into church who aren't always there. That makes me think about what Linda Gubler told me, we could be 5 miles away from the Savior and be facing him, or we could be 2 feet away from him with our backs to him, and we are still better off at the 5 miles facing him. That's just sort of my random insight for the week. That it's never to late to go back! And also, the gospel is where we will find all that we are seeking after!




The good news is that Shelly and Kyia came to church again yesterday!!! So things are still looking great for there baptism on Saturday. They are so awesome. Shelly has the greatest desire to do all that our Father in Heaven wants her to. It's really been a testimony builder to me to see her come closer to our Savior by having us in her home and sharing the missionary lessons. It's pretty awesome to see someone take that step of faith and pay there tithing. That is one of the hardest commandments I think for people to live. Especially with the way the economy is. It's amazing to see those that pay their tithing before anything else, always have enough for the rest of the month regardless of the conditions. The Lord promises us that as we pay our tithing we are blessed. And it's just so great to see people put there faith in Him and pay. And in the end they truly are always blessed.



This past week our dinner calendar got changed up a little bit. We used to eat with members on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Then through out the week we would do drop off dinners or dinners with a non-member present. Well they changed it to where we can only eat with members on Saturday and Sunday. So we get a little bit more money now so we can buy our dinners for the extra days. The members love feeding us so some of them were a little bummed but it will be okay. I think it's just so we can get out and really use our time effectively. And also to help people participate more in missionary work. A lot of people think that if they feed the missionaries then that's it. But as members we all have the calling to be missionaries and to share the gospel. And that isn't done just by feeding the missionaries. So I think that is the reason why that change was made. That's about it for this past week. I really do have a hard time thinking of what has happened because everything just seems crunched together. So sorry if this is a little short. I know that this Church is true. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world and that He died for us. I'm so grateful for the atonement in my life. Without it, none of us could be cleansed. And we know that no unclean thing can enter the kingdom of God. Have a great week!! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment