Thursday, February 24, 2011

February 22, 2011 E-Mail

It was a good week for us here.  We finally found a couple of new investigators.  It's been a while since that has happened, and we have been working very very hard to find some.  Speaking in church went pretty well.  I was asked to speak on the things that matter most.  It was a talk that Elder Uchtdorf gave last conference.  Well the other two speakers were asked to speak on the exact same talk.  And the talk was only a couple of pages long.  Don't ask me why they did that.  I was up there all ready to speak then the youth speaker came and sat next to me and flipped open his notes and they looked about identical to mine.  So I pretty much had to wing it for most of the time.  Although a lot of things were repeated between me and the other two speakers.
For some reason our spanish work has really picked up over the last week or so.  Which is good because I hardly ever use my spanish.  It's almost all english.  So it's been fun to actually get to use a little spanish.  I haven't learned a whole lot since I've been here in this area cause I don't speak it much.  So I can't communicate real well, but it's still fun to use.  I truly have been blessed with speaking the language.  To know a year ago I didn't speak any at all, and now I can speak alright is crazy to me.
That's pretty cool that Bryce Peterson is coming to this mission.  And spanish speaking too.  I'm sure he will serve around me.  There are really only like three zones where spanish missionaries are for the most part.  It's always weird to see familiar faces from home like Elder Heiner, but that will be cool.  He will love the mission.
I think that's it for this week.  I know this church is true and that it is the same church that Jesus Christ Himself established.  I'm so grateful to be a part of it, and to have the priesthood authority.  I know that it is the power to act in God's name.  I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon.  I also know that it is the word of God.  Thank you so much for all you do for me!  I love you all!  Have a great week!  Make sure to tell Brody happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment