Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7, 2011 E-Mail

Shelly and Kyia got baptized on Saturday! It was an awesome service. I got to baptize Kyia, then former Elder Mudrow baptized Shelly. Elder Mudrow is the one who found Shelly and Kyia back in October. A member of that ward gave them a referral of a new move in so they went and visited her. Well his 2 years were up so he went home about 6 weeks ago. But he drove back up for the baptism and got to baptize Shelly then confirm them both on Sunday. It was a really good service. Right before he left he told me that if I baptized Shelly while I was still here that he would come back and that he would bring me cafe rio. I didn't think it would really happen. But it did. And yes, he brought me a cafe rio burrito. So that was very delicious. I haven't had one for a year and trust me, it hit the spot! So that was the highlight if this past week. It was actually a pretty good week other than it flew by. Week 6 of the transfer can always be tough to stay focused. But we did really well. We even found a couple new investigators.


The other big news is that I will be transferred tomorrow. My time here in East Wenatchee is done for now. I'm a little bummed because I love it here. But I'm also really excited. I have been told that I'm going to "little Mexico" which is a little town called Mattawa. It is right in the southwest corner of the mission. It's a very small place. That's just about all I know about it. I will be district leader there, and second training. Which means my companion will be a greenie on his second transfer. And he is not native. So my spanish will really get worked over. And that's all about my new area. So I will have to tell you more about it next week. I sort of knew I was going to be transferred. Yesterday I was sitting in sacrament and just felt that I better get up and bear my testimony because it would be my last Sunday in that ward. So I put off the prompting, then I got it again. So I got up.

I think that's it for this week. Maybe it will be a little longer next week because of the new area. We'll see! I just want to share my testimony of prayer and that it's real and that it works!!! Prayer is the greatest thing we have. We can have direct communication with our Father in Heaven. And yes, he listens!

Have a great week! I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Elder Schvaneveldt

No comments:

Post a Comment