Monday, January 24, 2011

January 24, 2011 E-Mail

So I'm sure you're probably waiting to hear if I am getting transferred or not. Well I'm going to tell you the bigger and better news first. Megan was baptized on Saturday and it was an awesome service! Everything went really well and she was confirmed yesterday. I will send some pictures. It was so awesome because she got up after she was baptized and shared her testimony. She said I am looking so forward to going to the temple in a year from today. Then she said wait, I can't because I remember I already checked this and the temple is closed that day because it is a Sunday. So it will have to be the next weekend. It was so awesome to hear her say that and see a convert who already has that goal. Because that's what this is all about. It's not just about baptizing and being done. It's about enduring to the end and setting those even greater goals such as being sealed in the temple. The spirit was so strong there it was crazy. Everyone was just so happy.


Ok, so now about transfers. Well, I'm being put out of my comfort zone a little. I will be staying here with Elder Garcia again which I'm really excited about. But, we are now sweeping into another ward. So we are now responsible for the two wards and also the spanish branch that is contained within those boundaries. And the new ward boundaries where we will be are huge. Our area used to take about 5 minutes to drive from one end to the other. Well now it will take about an hour. I already know a few people in the ward over there so it will be good. You guys actually met the bishop of that ward. He was with Brother Anantatmula when they met you at the park and ride to give them a package to bring to me. I'm really excited too because Brother Anantatmula moved out of our ward, but we now cover the ward that he moved in to. So it's going to be a lot of work. We need to make sure and balance the work in both areas. It's actually what I was hoping would happen, but I didn't think it really would. The one missionary that was there actually goes home today, then the other one is being sent over to Spokane. He was a little confused and bummed out that they are taking him out, but he is needed over in Spokane. So we now have the car full time too. But all of these changes also switched up the districts too. I'm still the District Leader, but we had a companionship added to the district. And they are Sisters. But they are really cool so I'm excited about that. So It's going to be a little bit of a challenge to sweep into another area, but I'm really excited. Sweeping into this area where I am now is probably what has helped me grow the most. And I'm really excited I'm with Elder Garcia again. It's so nuts to think that I have been in this one area for 6 months now. It doesn't feel like that at all.

So that has been the exciting news for this past week. To be honest, I'm sort of brain dead and can't think of what happened. If I think of anything else I will send a hand written letter. I love you all so much! I know this church is true. I know that the Lord has his hand in everything. I also know that by sharing His gospel, not only will we bring joy into others lives, but also into our own! So share the gospel!

Love Elder Schvaneveldt

Kade finally sent some pictures, yay!

Elder Schvaneveldt doing one of the things that he loves most!

No comments:

Post a Comment