Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 10, 2011 E-Mail

We had a pretty slow week this week as far as teaching goes. But we did have 4 investigators in church yesterday so that was pretty cool. Remember the Cardenas family? They are the ones who we taught the law of chastity and they moved out into a different area and were baptized. Well anyways, they are now living back in our area. So we are teaching Hermana Cardena's significant other and also her son and his girlfriend. They are doing really well and progressing great. It was awesome to see the whole family at church yesterday. We are also teaching a guy named Jose Luis. His girlfriend is a member so he comes to church with her. So we went out and taugh the Cardenas family a couple of times this week. The problem is, they live about 45 minutes away and we don't have near the miles to be driving that far. So we always work with members when we go out there. We have done a lot of tracting lately and haven't seen to much success from that. I'm sure that there has been success, we just haven't seen it. We were able to make quite a few appointments for this week. It's so nice now that the holidays are over. Most peoples lives have calmed down a lot. So this week should be awesome.


I was able to go on exchanges this week in a different area. Exchanges are usually always pretty fun. The area I went to has been pretty dead lately. So we did a lot of tracting over there and found some pretty good potential investigators. The Elder I went with is going home in two weeks so it was fun being with him cause he is really working hard and enjoying the last couple weeks of his mission.

Cody and Megan got back from there wedding last night. So we are going to visit with them tonight. And we will be talking about her baptismal program. That is going to be such an amazing service. She is already part of the ward and everyone loves her so much. I'm way excited for that. She basically already is such a strong member. It's awesome to see people make changes in there lives and come closer to Christ.

I didn't quite finish the Book of Mormon challenge that we were given but I'm still working on it. I'm in 3rd Nephi I think. I truly do have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know it is true. By reading it, my testimony in our Savior has been so strengthened. I love the Book of Mormon and all of the counsel that we can receive from it. So read it!!

Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment