Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January 18, 2011 E-Mail

This week was pretty good. One of the highlights would be that we got to go do some service clear up in the middle of nowhere. There is a none member up there who has a daughter is a member. Anyways, he just had neck surgery. He's the same one who's truck I helped fix. I think I wrote about it a while ago. Well we went up and chopped a bunch of wood for him. Well we thought we were all done but then he went and cut down another huge tree. So it was a good day, and it was good to really be able to help someone out in need. Then after, they fed us some elk steaks. They were very good. My companion is a funny eater sometimes and is a little weird about animals. It was pretty funny. It was his first time eating anything like that. We had a really good lesson this past week with a part member family. Well my companion was testifying at the end and he testified that Gordon B. Hinckley was the prophet here on the earth today. That turned into a really funny conversation. The team teacher we had with us, Hermano Trejo, leaned over to me and said, "apostasia" which means he made an apostate statement. Then after, Hermano Trejo was giving him a hard time. And we had about a 45 minute drive back. It was hilarious, Hermano Trejo kept saying wow, I didn't know that he resurrected and became the prophet again! So those were probably the two highlights of the week.


We had a lesson the other day that really made me realize I had a testimony. A guy kept calling us a cult and just hating on the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. It made me realize how I know that it's true. I shared that with him, but probably not in a loving way like I should have. To be honest, I was getting very upset. So in the end we just told him over and over that he probably can prove us wrong, but he can't prove God wrong. So we invited him to pray about it. He said he would read it and pray about it. So we will see what comes of that. I don't think we will be going back for awhile.

Cody and Megan are doing awesome and are getting excited for the baptism this Saturday. It's going to be awesome. She has been coming for so long that she is friends with everyone in the ward, and even people in some of the other wards. So there will be a lot of people there.

This last week, we had a zone conference thing, and in the middle of it, a guy came in and said he needed some help. So 4 of us went out to help him. Well he was from a mortuary and had brought a body in a casket for a viewing that night. So we had to help him unload the casket. So they put it in the relief society room for the viewing. Well they were also having a viewing on Saturday morning so they just left the casket in there until then. Well the guy we live with, Tony, is in charge of building cleaning every Saturday morning. Long story short, he was at the church doing his regular thing, and was caught completely off guard when he walked into the relief society room and there was a casket wide open with a dead body in it. Well Tony is not afraid to make any type of comment. So Sunday morning we were in priesthood and they asked if anyone had anything that needed to be brought up. So Tony spoke up. He asked that people would let him know when there were going to be dead bodies in the church before he started cleaning. Then he didn't say anything. It was pretty crazy because a lot of people had no idea what he was talking about.

So that was it for this week I think. I love being a missionary and having the oppurtunity to always bear testimony. I know that this church is true. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father. I know that His Son Jesus Christ died for us. I know that Joseph Smith truly did restore this gospel and that he was called of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and that Thomas S. Monson truly is man called of God to lead and guide us today. I love you all so much. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment