Monday, February 13, 2012

February 6, 2012 E-mail

This week was another crazy one and it just flew by.  And I don't have my companion here by my side to remind me of everything that happened.  He left yesterday for the mission home and is probably getting on a plane right now to head to Vegas.  He worked all the way up to the end and was excited to go home.  I'm really grateful that I had the opportunity to be his companion.  We worked really well together.  Transfers this time aren't to exciting because I already knew that I was staying.  And my new companions name is Elder Jensen.  I don't know who he is.  I will meet him tomorrow.  He served with Elder Soderberg and he told me that he is really cool.  So I'm excited.
The good news is, we had a baptism!  Ashley got baptized on Saturday and it was awesome.  Everything went well.  Her husband Seth was able to baptize her.  He was really nervous but I could tell that it meant a lot to the both of them.  A lot of ward members came as well as their family members.  Even her family came, her mom isn't a member and her dad is very less-active.  We have been trying to pick up the work in the young single adult ward.  We have found a couple of new investigators recently but they are just all so busy with school and work and things that they struggle to find time to meet with us.  We had a church tour with one this week and with his girlfriend as well.  Ithink they will get baptized.  I'm just not sure when.  Young single adults can be hard to work with because of all the temptations that are out there such as drugs, sex, alcohol, etc.  It's sad how satan can just tear people down.  And his target is either to destroy the family, or make it so that people can't start families.  That's why everyone needs the gospel!  That is for sure something that I've learned on my mission, if you want happiness, then live the gospel.  It won't wipe our problems away, but it will help us deal with them.  I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life and all it has done for me.  I'm grateful for my Savior.  I know that he died for our sins.  Through him we can be cleansed and return to live with our Heavenly Father and our families.  I know that this church is true.  I love you all!  Have a great week.  Thanks for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment