Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December 6, 2010 E-Mail

Sounds like it has been a good week back home. I only know the Pierson guy and Bryan. That other guy I'm not sure who he is. But I'm sure it will be a great bishopric. And that's awesome that the Thinnes lady is getting baptized. And to bad about the Defabio guy. I'm pretty sure I met him a couple of times. Hopefully things turn out for the good. And Mom, that's pretty cool that you will be getting a new car probably today. I think I know what color you are talking about. Those cars are pretty sweet. I will be shocked if Dad is going through a dealer to get it. Is he? And it was good to hear that Kimber finally has decided that she can go in her big dog house that Seth built. That dog can either be a little genious or just plain out stupid. Sometimes I wonder about her. And yes, I did get my package with the thermals and also the Christmas tree thing. It's pretty sweet. I think my companion might be a little jealous! It's cool to get to open something everyday from people at home. Dad was telling me about how Seth's window was broke on the truck. Not much has changed since I left. I remember that thing having problems before. But that would be a long drive to Colorado in that cold weather with a window that wouldn't go up. But it sounds like you all had a really good time over Thanksgiving and that Sis was a good cook. That's pretty cool too that she got to do an ultra-sound on Bree. I bet that was pretty fun. And now you have Remi living with you while Sis and Justin go to Belgium? Just don't let him get into the normal food!


Things here have been pretty good. It was actually a pretty slow week overall. We were out with a member one night and all of our appointments bailed on us. So we went to visit an old lady who is a member of the ward. Well we decided we would just shovel her driveway for her. While we were doing so her next door neighbor yelled over and asked if we were her grandkids, and she said no that we were the missionaries from her church. So anyways we went over and met the lady. Her name is Connie and we were able to help her out and shovel some of her snow too. We were also able to teach her the restoration while doing so. She was a little intoxicated, but very nice. She told us how she knew that we are angels sent to her during this time of her life because she needs God in her life. She was really nice and we went back to try to meet with her but she had left a note on the door saying something came up. So we are looking forward to getting to meet with her again sometime. Then an Elder in the district got sick so we switched off with his companion for one day so they could do some work in there area. So not a whole lot happened here this week. The lady we live with wanted us to do service and set up all of her Christmas lights since she is in a wheelchair and can't do a whole lot. So we were able to do that. Eubelina (yeah I found out how to spell her name for real, It's a little strange but that's how you do it) she's still doing well. We are going to meet with her tonight. We were also able to meet with Brian Cooper again this week. We had lost contact with him for a couple weeks over the Thanksgiving Holiday. Then yesterday we were able to talk with Ryan. I'm not sure if you remember him. I tracted into him when Elder Beus was here during my first transfer in this area. Well we haven't met with Ryan for probably 6 weeks but we were able to make an appointment with him for tomorrow. So that was pretty exciting. We also met with Jesus again. He really wants to be baptized. But we found out he won't only lose his girlfriend which is practically his wife, but he will lose everything he has in Mexico. Because she said if he gets baptized then he will just have to live with that he has here. Which isn't very much. In Mexico he has a house I guess and a bunch of other stuff. So we are going to continue to work with him. And that was about it for the week. Transfer calls are next Sunday and then transfers will be the following Tuesday. So we will see what happens. I hope I get to stay another transfer. But we will find out what happens. So if you're sending stuff for Christmas you can either wait until I have my address, or you can just send it to the mission office and they will forward it as long as it's through usps.

In testimony meeting yesterday I thought a lot about the Savior. I guess because of Christmas and everything. I know that Jesus Christ paid the price for all of our sins. He suffered for us in the Garden of Gethsemane so that we can overcome spiritual death, and he was resurrected so that we can all overcome physical death. Because of what He did, we can be clean of our sins through Faith, Repentance, being Baptized, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. And if we do those things, through Him, we can have eternal life and live in the presence of our Heavenly Father. I love you all. Thank you so much for all you do for me and the support you give me. Have a great week.

Love Elder Schvaneveldt

No comments:

Post a Comment