Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December 20, 2010 E-Mail

So the good news of the week is that Eubelina has another baptismal date. And it's for Christmas Day! So that should make things exciting. And this time it should be for real. She had a meeting with the Branch President yesterday. It was pretty awesome, we went to visit her and she told us she wanted to be baptized by the end of the year. So we invited her to do it on Christmas Day. Well her ex-boyfriend was there to be with his kids and he is a baptist, but he was encouraging that she gets baptized on Christmas so that was way cool. The other exciting news is that we visited a lot of members this week who haven't been to church in a way long time. Well 7 of them came yesterday. So that was pretty good to see. There was more people there than I had ever seen in this ward.


I don't have much time at all today. The computers at the library weren't working so we came to the family history center but it's only opened for like 20-30 minutes. So this will be short. My new companion is way cool and he is a fluent spanish speaker which is way nice. His parents were born in Mexico, he was born in California, but moved to Tennessee after that and that's where he came out from. We get a long great and things are going good. I didn't get to take my companion to his new area, we met his new companion in a different place. It was pretty crazy because the main highway was closed down because of a wreck on black ice. So we had to take some crazy backroads through the hills and stuff to get there. It was a fun adventure.

As far as calling home I'm not sure when yet. Probably between 12:00 and 2:00 our time. And I won't be able to call Seth. We can only make one phone call. I'm not to sure about all of the rules yet but I don't think we can talk for very long either. Our mission is pretty strict. And Dad was wondering if we could skype. I'm pretty sure we can't. If anything changes I will let you know somehow. If you have any questions just ask Brother Pedersen.

That's way sad about Steve. I hope he will be okay. I for sure will pray for him. Let me know what happens with that. I apologize this is so short I just don't have anymore time. I got all the packages so thank you so much. Tell Kent and Lori and Brent and Annette thanks! Also Gary and Rayann. The guy we live with has been opening all of my packages to see if they are individually wrapped. If they are then he puts them under the tree. If not, he wraps the box. So that works out pretty good. I'm so grateful for the oppurtunity that I have to be out here serving. Christmas as a missionary really makes you think more about the true meaning of Christmas. So I hope everyone has a good week and remember the true meaning of Christmas!

Love Elder Schvaneveldt

No comments:

Post a Comment