Monday, November 29, 2010

November 22, 2010 E-Mail

So not a whole lot to write about this week.  We had three investigators in church yesterday so that was really cool. It was stake conference so it was a full house.  But it was a good meeting.  Evalina no longer has a baptismal date.  She is completely ready, she just needs to pin down a certain day and do it.  She has been sick this past week so we haven't met with her to much.  We are going to take over a native missionary with us next time we go.  Hopefully he will be able to communicate with her a little better and figure out the complete concern.  The other night we were knocking doors and this lady opened up and immediately said come right on in.  So that was sort of shocking.  Then she told us how she can really just see Christ in our faces.  She told us how she knew that if she closed the door on us then she would be closing the door on Christ.  Sometimes I feel like everyone realized that!  But it was a really cool and spiritual lesson that we had with her.  So hopefully we will be able to meet with her again this week.  I was able to go on exchanges this week into the other area.  Well we went and did service clear up in the mountains at some families house.  Their daughter is a member but no one else is.  It's an interesting little cabin.  They have to haul in their own water, and their electricity is all from generator.  Anyways, her dad hurt is back and neck, so we went up for a few hours and split wood trying to help them get ready for the winter.  It was really cool to go up into a forest type area again.  I miss that.  I can't really remember everything we did this week.  Time is going by pretty quick and I forget.  I know we worked the whole time.  I just can't remember what we were doing.  We also got a new investigator named Jose Luis.  His girlfriend is a member and he has been coming to church a little bit.  So we are excited for him.  So please pray a lot for him and Evalina.  They need the prayers.  We went to Hermana Alfreda's house on Saturday night, that's Jose Luis's girlfriend.  Well we had already had a huge dinner that night and she decided she wanted to feed us.  I'm not sure what we were eating, but I already had a messed up stomach that day.  Well I ate whatever it was and it was some spicy stuff.  After the fact it just sounded like my stomach was boiling.  It was pretty crazy that's for sure.  I'm glad all the Mom's got to get together for dinner.  It sounds like you had fun.  For Thanksgiving we have a few different houses to go to.  Plus we will still do our studies that day then we have been asked to do our weekly planning on that day which takes 2-3 hours.  And so far like four families have invited us over.  So we will be well taken care of.  We are trying to make appointments with investigators, but most of them are going other places or can't meet with us that day.  But our mission president wants us to treat it as a normal day just without tracting.  So that's pretty hard to do if we can't get appointments with investigators.  I guess it will be a good day to try and strengthen ward members.  I'm glad you sold the car.  It was a little tricky to get around with in the snow last winter.  Speaking of driving in snow.  There is nothing like having a companion who has never driven in the snow trying to tell you how to drive in the snow when you were raised in it.  It's funny though, there can be just a skiff of snow and he is amazed.  I hope we get a really good winter.  I still haven't bought boots.  I'm gonna go get gloves and good socks today.  It's supposed to be a pretty cold week and we give the car back today to the other companionship.  It's hard for me to send letters to my friends who are outside of the United States.  So I hope Weston got his Happy Birthday last week.  And this week it's a Happy Birthday to Jared!!!  So hopefully he gets that.  That's about it for this week.  It seems like everything lately has been related to gratitude.  I guess that makes sense with the Holidays coming up.  I truly am grateful for all of you and all you have done for me.  I'm grateful for this gospel in my life and for the atoning sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ.  I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon and the manner in which it testifies of Jesus Christ.  People say we aren't Christians, well right in that blue book is the proof that we are.  I'm so grateful for the oppurtunity that I have to serve!  Have a Happy Thanksgiving and be safe driving to Colorado.  I love you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment