Saturday, September 10, 2011

September 6, 2011 E-Mail

It was a great week. But once again I can't really remember much that happened. I'm sure you are sic of me saying that to you guys. I've been sick this past week and I'm just getting over it. Just a really bad cold. But we still got out everyday and worked. Jesus and Desiree are doing so great. They came to church again on Sunday for all three hours and they loved it. They told us that they feel so much better after they go to church. They invited us over last night for dinner and it was great. We taught them the law of chastity. I taught him in spanish while my companion taught her in english. They really seem like they want to get married and change there lives around. They know that through God it is possible but there is no other way. And they are already seeing some of the blessings and happiness from keeping the commandments and living the gospel of Jesus Christ. They are such a great couple and family.
That other guy I talked about, Chris, is doing awesome too. He is the one who's girlfriend is a member. Well him and the girlfriend sort of broke up and he's still investigating. So we know that he is doing it all for himself and not for her. We have had some great lessons with him and he's even reading in the Book of Mormon. He told us that this is something he has been seeking for, he just didn't know it until it came to him. Preach my gospel mentions how there are many people who are seeking for the gospel, they just don't know where to find it. He says he wants to be baptized he's just not quite sure on a date yet. He was going to come to church on Sunday but had to go to the doctor. He was refilling a lighter and got lighter fluid on his hand then lit the lighter and burned himself.
I think I also mentioned teaching Corina. She is a great lady who we met tracting and she just opened up about her whole life story with us. Well we have taught her a couple of times and she is came on a church tour and really enjoyed it. They church tours are awesome because everyone that come's on a church tour then feels comfortable to come to church.
It's going to be another busy week. Within our mission they are doing a mormon.org ad campaign. So throughout the mission there will be billboards and stuff advertising mormon.org. I think they said only 9 missions in the United States get this opportunity right now. Tomorrow someone from Salt Lake is coming to train us on how to effectively us the ad campaign. It should be a great training and we should see great things come from this.
Well I know that this church is true and I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. We met a guy yesterday who was sort of arguing about being saved by grace and not works, well anyways it just really made me think of our Savior. I know that He died for us. And I know that he will make up for our short comes. I'm so grateful to be a missionary. It's been a great experience. I love you all!! Thanks for all of your prayers, love, and support. Have a great week!

Love Elder Schvaneveldt

No comments:

Post a Comment