Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8, 2011 E-Mail

It's been a good week but a crazy one.  I'm sort of worn out.  The day after we finished up with our 80 hour finding week we had to go to Spokane for a zone leader council meeting and I had to drive.  So I was up at 4 in the morning.  And as a missionary you never have time to catch up on the lack of sleep you get through out the week.  But it was a really good meeting with the mission president and all of the zone leaders in the mission.  I can't remember if I told you or not, but next Tuesday we get to go back to Spokane again.  And that's because Elder L. Tom Perry is coming to our mission and will be speaking to us on the 16th.  I'm pretty excited about that.  I think a 70 is coming with him but I'm not sure who.  Also in September we will have another 70 coming to tour the mission.  It should be a great blessing and an uplifting experience to hear them speak to us.
Our investigator Alma is still doing great.  She has a ton of faith and the greatest desire to quit the habits that she has so that she can be baptized.  Yesterday I was fasting that she would come to church and she didn't show up.  I was sitting on one of the benches sort of murmuring to myself since she wasn't there and I looked up and the bishop was pointing to the back of the room.  She came late.  Lesson learned, not to murmur and just to continue on with faith!  Anyways she stayed for all three hours and just loved it.  She felt the spirit so strong that she just cried the whole time she was there.  It's so awesome to see investigators that fulfill there commitments and receive testimonies on there own.
On our 80 hour week the first three days were tough.  They were about 13 hour days each day and we walked a ton because we tried to stay on foot so we could talk to everyone.  We faced a ton of rejection and not many people wanted to talk to us.  On either the third or fourth day, one of the first doors we knocked on we met a lady named Melissa.  I told you a little about her last week.  She said she had been praying that if God wanted her to read the Book of Mormon he would have it delivered to her door.  And then we knocked on the door.  She was working two jobs so we haven't gone back yet, but we have an appointment today.  We also met a really cool hispanic lady named Myra.  She's a young single mom.  We were going to her house to try and see her dad but he wasn't there and we met her.  She has faced a lot of trials in her life and sort of got away from religion but she's ready to come back.  Then one night we met this lady who is really cool.  She has 4 large dogs on the other side of the fence so as we walked by they started to bark and the lady came out.  It turns out that her grandparents were members of the church and that her family is looking for a church here in East Wenatchee.  We are trying to get a church tour set up with her but she also works a lot.  Then we met a lot of crazy people.  One kid we met I'm pretty sure is the brother of Napoleon Dynamite.  He was nuts.  He's a jew of some sort so he wasn't to excited to be talking to us.  And a lot more happened but I think my brain got fried from the heat and the sun.  So my memory is not doing to well.
This past week just made me realize that it doesn't matter how much rejection we face.  This message is still true.  It just reaffirmed my testimony that this church is true, that Joseph Smith was a prophet called by God, and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  Thank you for all that you do for me!  I love you all!  Oh yeah, we are moving houses tomorrow and I think my new address will be....
2965 Jamaica St.
Malaga, WA 98828
Have a great week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment