Friday, July 8, 2011

June 20, 2011 E-Mail

I'm so sorry I am so behind on these, time to get caught up!

 This is how they cook there fish here.  That's a fried tilapia.  It's the entire fish, not gutted or anything, just fried.  Then you pick off the meat with your fingers.  That was father's day lunch.

I don't have a whole lot to report on for this week. Nothing to crazy happened. And if it did, I can't remember about it. We had quite a few of our investigators at church this past week so hopefully we will be able to have a baptism this next weekend. Ruben was able to make it to church so he is good to be baptized, he just needs his interview. And he is sort of having a hard time with a few commandments. So hopefully he can change, I have been praying a lot for him. Also the other people that should be baptized really soon are Luis, Roselia, and Jennifer. They are a family that I have been working with for a few months now. They are awesome and really have the desire to be baptized. They too are just waiting on there interviews. And they should be getting them on Tuesday. So pray that everything will go good there!!!
We found another family that seems to be doing really well. They are very active in the catholic church, and I met the husband a long time ago and he would always let us in but he just wasn't doing anything to progress. So we just quit going over there. Then one day we were around his house and all of our appointments had fallen through so we went by and saw them. Well we got to meet his wife and she has some really good questioins. They live right next door to a strong member too so hopefully we will be able to get the member involved and help get them to church.
Other than that I honestly can't think of anything that happened. It sounds like everyone is doing great back home and that everyone had a good Father's Day. It was just another day here! In the hispanic culture they celebrate it on th 16th of June every year. So yesterday was just another ordinary day. It was a good week, time is just going by so fast that I can't really remember anything. This week should be a good one too. Tomorrow we get to go to Moses Lake for a zone conference. But our car is getting inspected so we have to clean it really well today and wax it.
I love this church and I love the gospel. Yesterday we had a dinner appointment and I shared the D&C 78:17-19 I think it is. And it talks about how we are little children and that if we trust in the Lord he will carry us along to all the many blessings he has for us. I know that's true. If we truly trust in him, he will take care of us and lead and guide us to all the many blessings he has for us. I hope you all have a good week!
Love Elder Schvaneveldt

No comments:

Post a Comment