Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 6, 2010 E-Mail

So it seems like it has been a long week but a good one.  Lots of people leave here in the summer time or all they do is work or sleep.  So we have spent a lot of time tracting lately.  My new companion is Elder Oliver from Bolivia.  He is now from West Jordan though.  But he is way cool and we have a very good time together.  He is helping me with my spanish too.  So right now I am extremely happy about that.  Lunch last p-day with grandma's relatives was good.  It was weird to get a hug from a lady that's for sure!  But she passed it down from Grandma.  They are very nice people.  That kid that died didn't look familiar to me.  I'm not sure who he is.  That's cool you got a new job mom.  Maybe you will stay a little more busy with this one.  Thank you so much for all the stuff you sent back with the Spencer's.  We were shocked.  I don't think we will have to buy food for weeks.  The ties are way cool too.  Especially the wedding one.  So thank you so much!!  I guess patriarch Heiner's grandson is here now.  I haven't seen him yet, but I will on Friday at zone conference.  He isn't serving to far from here.  That will be weird to see someone I went to school with.  But it will be pretty cool too.  So the fourth of July was pretty good.  We basically just worked all day and spent a lot of time tracting.  But one of our investigators had us over for carne asada right after our dinner appointment.  We were starving cause we had been fasting, but by the time we were done eating we just felt sick.  They always feed me hot sauce and say it's not hot.  Then they just start laughing after because it really is way hot.  Dad would love it.  But supposedly it will make my spanish better so I guess I better keep eating it.  So overall it was a good day.  Tons of people were doing fireworks so we sort of got to see a few.  So that was nice.  It sounds like you guys had a good day!  I'm jealous you went to the car show.  Dad better have got some good pictures.  Was Elite there?  Sounds like Grandma had quite the BBQ too!!  I can't believe my dog is sick!!  Just don't let her suffer that's all I'm gonna say.  There are only like 3 Schnauzers in this town that I have seen so far.  The rest are just mutt's that bite your ankles.  And the owners don't really do anything about it, but you can't kick the dogs right in front of the owners so that makes it hard too.  Yesterday was an interesting day...  We were finally teaching some lessons and feeling pretty good.  Well most people tried teaching us.  It was bad.  One guy was saying how Obama is the second Joseph Smith and stuff.  It was just plain crazy.  I couldn't help but laugh.  Then we went to an appointment last night and it just happened to be during these peoples bible study.  They just preached to us for about an hour and a half about how Jesus is God and all that stuff.  It was all in spanish and I had a hard time understanding the guy.  My head was hurting pretty bad after.  It's starting to get hot here and I'm starting to get red, so thank you for the short sleeve shirts.  The Spencer's were glad they got to spend some time with you.  I can't remember if I told you this last e-mail or not, but when it gets hot here, this town stinks so bad.  It's cause the potato plants.  I can't even explain the smell!  But I'm getting used to it.  That's about it for this week and I'm starting to run short on time.  I guess there are gonna be some changes in the mission coming up.  We will find out more about them on Friday at zone conference so I will have to let you know.  I miss you all but know that this is were I need to be at this time.  I love this gospel and the blessings it brings to all of our lives.  I know that it is the foundation that we all need in our lives.  To all my friends, I love you all and thank you for all your examples to me!  It's crazy to know we are all doing the same thing, but just all over the world.  People are shocked when I tell them I have missionary friends all over.  It's awesome.  So thank you so much for all of your great examples and keep up the hard work!!  Have a safe and good quick trip to California mom and dad.  I love you all so much!  Thanks for everything!!  Have a good week!
Love Elder Schvaneveldt (My nick name from my companion is Elder Sanchez because nobody can say Schvaneveldt)

No comments:

Post a Comment