Monday, December 19, 2011

December 12, 2011 E-Mail

We had a great week! Last Monday right after our p-day was over we went and had family home evening with some members and also our investigator Jennyfer who is dating the less-active Victor. They are doing really well and we actually saw them quite a few times this week. They both are currently living the word of wisdom which is a huge step for them. It was awesome because they threw out all of the cigarettes and also the coffee so that they wouldn't even have the temptation. They also will be able to live the law of chastity before her baptism date. They should be able to at least. They are both waiting for divorces to go through before they can get married. Well they should both be taken care of by like the 27th. As of right now they are planning on getting married then her getting baptized. It's been so great to see the changes and the happiness come from living the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's a happiness that anyone can experience regardless of where you're at in life. They have had some ups and downs between all of the trials they are having as well as the withdrawls from the smoking and drinking coffee. But over all, the quality of their lives has improved a bunch.
Tuesday morning we went to Spokane for our zone leader council. That's always a great experience to be uplifted by our mission president. It's sort of tough on us though because we are the furthest away from Spokane. Which means we have to get up at about 3:30 on those mornings. I think it really slows us down sometimes for the next few days. But we're doing well now! We talked a lot about patience. That really stuck out to me. I feel like I have become a little more patient throughout the mission. But I still have a long ways to go!
I had another experience that I've never had before. The sister missionaries called and said that a member of their ward needed help giving a blessing. Well it turns out it was to a guy with terminal cancer and he didn't have much time left. They caught it to late. Well I was the one who got to give the blessing. It was interesting because in a situation like that you pretty much either heal the person or let them know they are leaving this world. As I was giving the blessing I was not receiving any promptings that the guy was going to live. His whole family was there as well and I'm not sure if any of them are even members of the church. So I didn't want to say what I was prompted to say but knew I had to. As I told him he would be in peace and comfort as he shortly passes from this world the whole familly started to sniffle a lot harder. But I got a very warm feeling letting me know that's what needed to be said. It was an interesting experience.
And I think that was pretty much the highlights of our week. I know this church is true. I know that this is the true and restored gospel of our Savior Jesus Christ here on the earth. I know that by living this gospel that we will simply be happier. Thank you so much for everything! I hope you all have a great week!

Love Elder Schvaneveldt

No comments:

Post a Comment